Day one of Dino week. Dino cards made using the lovely Dino bundle - a stamp set and dies. Check out my kit in a box page for a special offer on extra bits and pieces I will throw in with the bundle to make 6 cards, including dino designer series papers. Of course you can use the kit however you like and I already have an idea on another way to use it - so that will be on my blog at the end of the week. I'm also going to work hard on seeing if I can post a short video to go with it. Its not easy as I will have to do it all on my phone, including editing and it has to be quite short to enable me to upload it as I do not have fast broadband in the area I live in and so I have to sit outside the co-op and upload!!
For this card here are some instructions:
- Fold cardstock in half (card base measures 14cm x 21cm and folded in half. Card size is 14cm x 10.5cm)
- Cut designer series paper to 0.5cm smaller - so measures 13.5cm x 10cm.
- Using the triangles cut-out die cut out two pieces in a piece of white cardstock measuring 10cm x 7cm
- Use dimensions (foam pads) to adhere to a piece of card 10.5cm x 7.5cm
- Using the Dino Days stamp set stamp the dinosaur in pool party ink. I used the stamparatus as it required me to stamp a couple of times in the same place.
- With old olive in and the v shapes stamp - stamp onto the dinosaurs bottom to make some scales and create some dimension. Cut out using the dinosaur die.
- Stamp in old olive ink the sentiment onto white card and mat with some spare mango melody card.
- Adhere the sentiment to the mat and to the card and adhere the dinosaur on the top just looking over the sentiment as shown.
I took inspiration for the colours from the designer series papers. If you don't want to stamp out the dinosaurs there are two sheets of paper in the paper pack that have images on them that exactly fit the dies and so you can simply die cut the designer series paper instead.
See you tomorrow with Dino Two!